Monday, July 1, 2013

Apple and Pear Pork ribs soup



The soup is very refreshing and light and slightly sweet taste. Most importantly, my family loves it.

Ingredients:
( Serves a family of 4)

1 big Fuji apple (or other kind of apple) - cut into quarter ( keep the skin on)
2 pear - cut into quarter ( keep the skin on)
1 honey date
A few red dates
A small handful of Chinese almond kernels (南北杏)
300g of Pork ribs
A pinch of salt to taste
Celery for garnish


Method:
1) Blanch the pork ribs in hot boiling water and remove.  Set aside.
2) Bring a pot of water to boil.  Add in all the ingredients and bring to boil.  Lower heat to simmer for an hour.
3) Serve warm and garnish with celery
 
 


1 comment:

  1. It looks good! I am sure it is tasty too. Anyway, I am a foodie but can’t cook good food. Have just started learning cooking and using Nom Photo Sharing app for it. The live video sharing feature is way too helpful for me. I’m quite enjoying learning.

    ReplyDelete