Sunday, September 8, 2013

Waffles


  I remember I used to eat waffles at A&W with ice-cream when I was young. I would eat the ice-cream version and savored the waffles slowly. I also tried the ready mix ones and even frozen ones but it is just different. Then there is this one particular waffle recipe shared by my Michele Soon from my baking group. This is the best ever and my kids love them. We had it with fruits, ice-cream and as a sandwich. This recipe sounds intriguing as yeast is added and batter is left overnight . This recipe is a winner because it  crispy on the outside yet moist and soft on the inside. It is not very sweet and I added maple syrup and fruits. It was super delicious.  


Original recipe from : http://www.eatapieceofcake.blogspot.sg/2013/08/overnight-yeasted-waffles.html

Ingredients
  • ½ cup warm water
  • 1 package of instant yeast.  (2 ¼ tsp.)
  • 2 cups whole milk, warmed
  • 70g of  unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
  • 1 tsp. table salt
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • ¼ tsp baking soda
Method
  • Pour the water into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle the yeast over the water, and let stand to dissolve for 5 minutes. 
  • Add the milk, butter, salt, sugar, and flour, and beat until well blended and smooth. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let it stand overnight at room temperature.
  • Before cooking the waffles, preheat a waffle maker.
  • Just before cooking the waffles, add the eggs and baking soda, and stir to mix well. The batter will be very thin. Pour an appropriate amount of batter into your hot waffle maker.The amount will vary from machine to machine and you should try out your first waffle .
  • Cook until golden and crispy.
  • Serve warm with your favorite toppings.
Note:
~ I have tried with a waffle pan over the stove but the results was not as good.
~ This waffle has a slightly salty taste.


Egg omelette waffles sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment